Thursday, August 12, 2010

This Moment

Here I sit, 3:30 in the morning. Cooper sleeping in my lap. It's been a weird night, a somber night. My mind has been drifting for hours AND hours. I guess I awoke around midnight, after my dreams traveled to my darkest time - the NICU. Pillow soaked and eyes swollen . . . . it's been nine months! We've come so far since those L-O-N-G November/December nights.  He's basically 5 times the size that he was! On some level, I think maybe the thoughts and dreams return to remind me of how blessed I really am. This baby, beautiful & perfect, will be ready for a bottle in another hour or so. The house will be awake and my family will start their day. However, this time next year, as I prepare for the upcoming school year, THIS baby will no longer be a "BABY'. He will no longer take a bottle, he won't be wearing his little sleep sack, or be sleeping in a pack-N-play beside our bed. This time IS fleeting. I sit with a huge lump in my throat, thankful for this journey that God has ALLOWED me to embark on. Praying for all the "mama" hearts out there. Mamas with and without babies - may we all find comfort in the Lord during our "darkest times".

No comments:

Post a Comment