Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hello Mr. Sunshine!

This weekend, I was so happy to look out the window and see that the sun was shining. I quickly ran to the door to make sure that my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. I opened the door . . .  WARMTH! My poor baby. Little Cooper spent the first 40 days of life stuck inside the NICU and all his days since have been spent inside a little house in Gateway Village. Saturday, I put him in his Snugli and walked outside. Much to my dismay, he was not in the mood. I had disrupted his quality time with the ceiling fan. He lasted, hmm . . .maybe 5 minutes before I had to take him back so that he could continue staring at the ceiling. :(

Sunday was a more successful day. I tricked Cooper by placing him in my Moby wrap (where 90 percent of the time, he falls fast asleep). Momma needed some sunshine. We walked around the backyard and watched Charlie work. :) He was busy marking and laying out our privacy fence!!! It's been a long time coming. I can't wait to open the door and let Tucker run free and play. Love his heart. I know that he cares for Cooper, but that little hairless chihuahua has really disrupted his life.


Monday was yet another beautiful day!!! What are the chances? Three nice days in a row! Mom came over and we took Cooper for his very first stroll. He slept most of the mile and a half, but I do think he loved having the sun on his face.

1 comment:

  1. My kids loved the sling and would promptly settle down if fussy when they were placed in it and more often than not fell quickly to sleep leaving me hands free to tend to our other kids or get a few things done (again, perhaps new moms shouldn’t be focused on chores but someone had to make dinner in my house).

    ReplyDelete