Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hope

I am TIRED! Cooper has been giving me a run for my money, recently. I guess he really isn't acting much differently than his usual "unhappy" self - it's just starting to get really hard. Reality has set in . . . . . I have to go back to work in two weeks and my baby STILL does not sleep more than two to three hours at a time. It's really hard! I'm sad that I am his MOM and I never know how to comfort him. Does this mean that I'm missing that maternal instinct that all moms are suppose to be born with? Saying this - desperate times call for desperate measures. I took him to a chiropractor. She did a scan and discovered that his little back is misaligned. (Whatever that really means). So, she adjusted him. I know you're probably thinking "OMG, what did she do to her baby." No . . . she didn't crack his back or twist his neck. She took a tool and applied pressure to a small part of his neck. She told me that he would have a bowel movement within 24 hours and should be more content. I'm happy to report that this much was true. However, I do not think we have a permanent fix. She told me that he would require several visits before I would see a significant difference. I'm hoping I've found the answer that I've been looking for.
Friday's highlight, I took Cooper on his FIRST outing. After his appointment, we met my mom and aunt for lunch at Little Tokyo. I was so afraid that someone would try to touch or breathe on him that I was shaking. Everything went just fine. We sat in a corner booth away from all people. :)
I guess you could say that I took a very "short break" from my Weight Watchers.

Cooper rested so peacefully after his adjustment.

He woke up for just a few minutes  - then fell right back to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Oh FRIEND, I'm SOOOO happy for you! Good for you...for seeking alternative ways to help Cooper! Sometimes, it isn't always a "medicine" issue. Like you said, a temporary fix, but hopefully it works better than what you've tried so far.

    SOOOOOOOOOO glad you got to get out and share Cooper with the world! Since I have a list of crazy "do not's" going through my head right now (becase I think you're going to crave more outing time now that you've had a taste), but that's just my worried side coming out. I won't burden you with those...I know you've already had the same thoughts. :)

    Ok...well, I'll say a few...don't let strangers touch him, breathe on him, or even look at him. Because you know, disease can spread through eyeballs! lol! Told ya, crazy...(well, not the first two).

    I'm glad I wasn't with you...I would have been a nervous wreck! Two of us...together, shaking, and nervous...we would have both been in tears by the time we finished eating. Wait, didn't that almost happen last time?! ;)

    Again, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy that you got some time out with Cooper (in a safe spot)!!!

    ReplyDelete